Craft4Smiles C.I.C.Back to Activities
Craft4Smiles is a crafting community whose members have all experienced the benefits of crafting for their own wellbeing, and work to give others the chance to do the same. They offer a variety of live & online craft courses for adults aged 18 years and over.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- it is creative and you will produce something beautiful that can be kept or given to family and friends;
- it develops new skills as well as giving you something meaningful to do in your spare time;
- it enables friendships to develop.
“I just wanted to say thank you for the way you made the sessions fun, encouraging and welcoming, you made me feel like I belonged somewhere, something I haven’t felt in a really long time. You helped me re-discover my passion for crafts and arts, it’s really helped me along in my recovery and contributed in my decision to apply for a course. So for everything I mentioned, I am always grateful.”
How to contact
Where to go
Available Throughout South Cambridgeshire District
Craft4Smiles offer a variety of live online and in-person paper and mixed media craft courses for adults aged 18 years and over, including:
- Pop-ups and taster sessions: two hour events – fun, social activities that offer the opportunity to dip into one or two chosen crafts.
- Short courses: two hours per week for five weeks exploring and developing a specific crafting activity – for example, quilling, making a memory book/box and card-making.
- Introduction to Paper Crafting: two hours per week, 40 weeks per year – a long course that allows participants to explore more than 20 crafting techniques. Participants have the opportunity to train to become assistants and then craft tutors for Craft4Smiles and/or to display and sell their work and develop their own crafting businesses.
All materials, equipment and instruction are provided.
If you would like to organise a pop-up session or run a longer course for yourself or a group/organisation you work with, Craft4Smiles will work with you to explore options for funding the activity – get in touch to discuss your idea.
Courses cost a fee covering tuition and materials.
Craft4Smiles offer a number of sponsored (free) places on their courses. Contact them for details.