HI Friends (Friends of Histon & Impington Community)Back to Activities
HI Friends is a village charity based in Histon & Impington that supports wellbeing, mobility, sport and recreation for those who live locally. Anyone can take part in activities & events organised by HI Friends & HI Friends is always on the lookout for volunteers.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- connecting with local people, through participation or volunteering, is great for mental wellbeing;
- doing good for the community feels good;
- sharing skills and experience builds confidence.
How to contact
Where to go
Histon & Impington Recreation Ground
What to expect
HI Friends has a dedicated Wellbeing Team that coordinates activities to meet the needs of people of all ages & life stages in and around Histon & Impington.
HI Friends also operates a minibus and community trishaw and promotes physical wellbeing and sports activities locally.
To deliver all this, HI Friends organises fundraising events – for example, quizzes, sponsored cycle rides & running events. HI Friends is always keen to recruit volunteers to help out with activities and to fundraise.
A calendar of events will help you see what is happening & when – you don’t have to be from Histon & Impington to join in – everyone is welcome.
HI Friends organise these (and many more) activities:
- Walking Rugby
- Community Table Tennis
- Basic Pilates
- Basic Tai Chi
- Mothers’ Circle (for parents of children up to 18 months)
- Active Start Club (for pre-schoolers)
- Forget-me-not Luncheon Club
- Wellbeing Cafe
- HI Friends Rec Monday Club
Volunteering with HI Friends is free.
Some HI Friends groups and activities have a small charge – see the website for details.