HI RunnersBack to Activities
HI Runners is a friendly, supportive north Cambridge running club for of runners of all abilities. It offers structured training sessions and social runs. The club is UKA affiliated, rapidly growing and always welcoming new adult members.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- HI Runners sessions get you outside, moving with others – which is great for both physical and mental wellbeing;
- the club supports all members’ goals and helps them progress to whatever level they wish to achieve;
- as a #RunAndTalk club (a combined initiative from UK Athletics and Mind), the club proactively supports those experiencing mental health challenges and raises awareness of mental health.
“I came for the running but what I found was more like a family. It’s an utterly brilliant club to be a part of; a community supporting both your running goals but also your broader wellbeing.”
How to contact
Where to go
Histon & Impington Recreation Ground
Willingham Recreation Ground
West Fen Road
Cambridge CB24 5LP
Neil, Chairman, Founder and Head Coach of HI Runners, runs for his mental and physical health. He wanted to start a running club to pay forward what he had got himself from running. He believes we can all use running to find community.
You can meet the rest of the HI Runners committee here.
What to expect
You will always get a friendly welcome at HI Runners. There are three structured intervals training sessions each week and regular weekend social runs. All abilities are very welcome.
HI Runners is more than just a running club. There is an active closed Facebook group for members and regular social get togethers at the Histon Station House.
HI Runners are a UK Athletics affiliated Run and Talk club, which is a programme supported by Mind to help improve mental health through running. HI Runners has a group of Mental Health Champions amongst its membership – you can meet them all by clicking here.
This video explains a bit more about #RunAndTalk
- Everyone is welcome to attend two sessions for free before being asked to become a member.
- HI Runners is an inclusive club. Should the annual membership fee be a barrier to you joining, please contact the membership secretary
There is an annual membership fee to cover affiliation to England Athletics and club fees – details are on the HI Runners website here.
Paid members have access to all the weekly training sessions, weekly social runs, strength and conditioning sessions from the Online Running Academy and can purchase club kit.