The Well-BrahamsBack to Activities
The Well-Brahams are a friendly group of volunteers who support mental health and wellbeing in the villages of Great Wilbraham, Little Wilbraham and Six Mile Bottom by organising a wide range of events, talks, activities and meet-ups.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- attending community activities and events helps you stay connected;
- the Well-Brahams have an emphasis on mental health and wellbeing – volunteers are Mental Health First Aiders and can offer a listening ear, whatever challenges you may be facing;
- if you are keen to lend a hand, why not be a Well-Brahams volunteer – putting something back feels great and can lead to new connections and friendships.
“The range of ways the Well-Brahams support the mental health and wellbeing of the community is really impressive.”
How to contact
Where to go
Six Mile Bottom
What to expect
Taking an inclusive and holistic approach to mental wellbeing, recent events and activities that the Well-Brahams have organised include:
- hands-on volunteering projects (looking after the community orchard, wildflower planting or improving the area outside a local park);
- talks on a wide range of topics – from advice for nervous gardeners to gut health;
- running a regular community coffee morning to keep residents connected;
- supporting children’s activities in school holidays and mindfulness sessions in term time.
Some Well-Brahams volunteers are Mental Health First Aid trained so can offer a listening ear to anyone who needs support. The Well-Brahams website and Facebook page also signpost local mental health services.
You can attend Well-Brahams events and activities (find out when and where they are by checking the Facebook page and website) or you can become a volunteer and join the group – new members are always welcome!
Volunteering for The Well-Brahams is free as is attending many of the activities and events – check the website and Facebook page for details.