WEA – Adult Learning Within ReachBack to Activities
The WEA, formerly known as the Workers' Educational Association, is a leading education charity. Its mission is to bring adult education within reach of all, fighting inequality and promoting social justice.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- it develops skills for life and employment;
- it helps you make choices about your personal and professional development;
- learning builds confidence and resilience.
“I have met new people of all ages from varied backgrounds and have made some lovely friends. The atmosphere at the workshops was always friendly and relaxing. The tutor was delightful and encouraging.”
How to contact
Where to go
Available Throughout South Cambridgeshire District
The WEA is a community and this shines through when you learn with them. Cambridgeshire courses are made for people like you, with great tutors and friendly and supportive staff and spaces, online or in person, giving you the skills you need for whatever is next in your life.
The WEA offers a range of courses for adults including:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL);
- community interpreting;
- working in schools, colleges and early years settings;
- working with children and young people with special educational needs;
- health and wellbeing;
- budgeting and money management;
- courses for new tenants and people moving to new accommodation.
All courses are free.
Joanne talks about her WEA experience: