Domestic Abuse Support For Men

Back to Support

It is estimated that 1 in 6 men will experience domestic abuse in their lifetime. The abuse may come from an intimate partner or ex-partner, or from an immediate family member/relative. There is local and national support and advice available.

Click on a logo to visit each organisation’s website

If you would like to find out more about domestic abuse, click here. 

Support if domestic abuse is happening to you:

DV Partnership logo

Domestic Abuse Partnership has Independent Domestic Violence Advisors (IDVA) who will work with you to:

  • identify and assess risks;
  • understand and access options;
  • devise bespoke safety plans;
  • navigate criminal and civil justice processes.

If you are felt to be at high risk of harm from domestic abuse, a professional such as a Social Worker or the police can refer your case to the IDVA service.  An IDVA provides one-to-one support to help keep you, and any children you have, safe.

This service is only accessible via a referral from a professional.

Victim Services Logo

The Victim and Witness Hub is a free confidential service which provides emotional and practical support to victims or witnesses to a crime in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, to help them cope with and recover from the impact of crime.

It offers support to victims from the time of the offence, through to any subsequent police investigation or court proceedings and beyond, according to the needs of the individual.

Call Victim & Witness Hub: 0800 781 6818 or Email: [email protected]

purple logo for mens advice line

Respect’s Men’s Advice Line is a confidential helpline for male victims of domestic abuse and those supporting them.  It offers advice and emotional support to men who experience abuse, and signposts to other services that will help keep them and their children safe.

Call free on 0808 8010327 open Monday –Friday 9am-8pm

Free from landlines and mobile phones within the UK. Your call will not appear on itemised bills. You can also call free from BT pay phones.

B United is short term support for men, offering advice and guidance on a range of situations, and counselling with a specialist DV Counsellor. They can also signpost you to relevant services in the local area. Provided by Peterborough Women’s Aid. T: 01733 894 964; Email [email protected]


galop logo

The National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline is for LGBT+ people who have or are experiencing domestic abuse. It is also for people supporting a survivor of domestic abuse: friends, families and those working with a survivor.

Call 0800 9995428; open Monday to Friday 10am – 5pm
Wednesday and Thursday 10am – 8:00pm

Webchat is also available at various times. They are open five days a week and closed at weekends and on Bank Holidays. They will call you back if you can’t get through the first time.

Support for victims of sexual assault:

Cambridge & Peterborough Rape Crisis Partnership Logo

Independent Sexual Violence Advocate (ISVA) service offers practical and emotional support to anyone who has been raped or sexually assaulted, recently or in the past. The service can help you to access other support services to address both short and long term needs. It can support you through the criminal justice system, providing information about what happens when you report to the police. You do not have to report to the police to get support from an ISVA.

Call 01733 225 937 or refer yourself via their website by clicking here.

Support if you’re being abusive to others:

logo for respect


Respect Phoneline is a confidential helpline, email and webchat service for domestic abuse perpetrators.

It supports men and women who are using abuse, in same-sex or heterosexual relationships.

A team of friendly advisors will listen to you without judgment and offer you honest advice to help you stop being violent.

It also offers advice to concerned friends and family members, as well as frontline workers who work with perpetrators.

Call 0808 8024040; open Monday–Friday 9am-8pm. See the website for times of webchat.

Free from landlines and mobile phones within the UK. Your call will not appear on itemised bills. You can also call free from BT pay phones. 

Most service and helplines are free of charge.

See each organisation’s website for details of any mobile charges for calling their helpline.

How to contact

Where to go

Available throughout South Cambridgeshire District

Share this page

Skip to content