Gypsy and Traveller Resources

Back to Support

Find non-judgemental and friendly support, resources and information for people of Gypsy and Traveller ethnicity throughout Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.


Health, Housing & Benefits

Cambridgeshire County Council’s Traveller Team can help with a wide range of issues. Several members of the Team are Gypsy and Traveller people and will understand the challenges you may be facing. Whatever you need, you’ll be treated with respect.

If you have physical or mental health needs, you can contact Terri who has many years experience working with Gypsy and Traveller people. You can contact Terri on 07535 875316 or by emailing [email protected]

If you need advice about housing or benefits, you can contact Kelly on 07799 581276 or by emailing [email protected]

There are free drop-in sessions in Cottenham on a Wednesday call or email Terri or Kelly for details, or you can make an appointment for one of the team to visit you.


Beatrice White can help with school admissions for children – including home visits to talk things over in person, help completing online applications and support with any meetings with schools. Beatrice speaks Romany and will understand your family’s needs and the barriers to education you may have encountered. You can contact her by emailing [email protected] or by calling 07501 508422. If you’d prefer, you can visit your nearest Child & Family Centre in South Cambs – for details of where they are, click on this link.


Rose Wilson supports Adult Education for Cambridgeshire County Council. If you’d like to gain qualifications, improve your literacy or numeracy skills, she can provide education support online, at home, at community centres or even in Tesco! She can help people gain HGV licences for long distance lorry driving. Email [email protected] for more information.


If you are planning to spend time in South Cambridgeshire, click on this link for information to help you do so safely and to avoid being moved on.

If you are interested in living on a South Cambridgeshire District Council owned Gypsy and Traveller site or house, contact Stephanie Kuch (the Gypsy and Traveller Liaison Officer for South Cambs District Council) on 07702 821402 or by email [email protected]

If you’d like to apply for social housing but need help completing an application form, you can also speak to Stephanie.

Other support:

One Call Away was set up to prevent suicide and help Gypsy, Roma and Traveller people facing mental health challenges. You can call Caroline on 07748 or Mark on 07393 561735 or email them on [email protected]. Click here for more information.

Friends, Families & Travellers advocates on behalf of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller people. It can also provide advice on health, work and the law. Click here to find out more.

One Voice 4 Travellers is based in Wisbech and helps people facing hardship or need due to violence. You can call on 01954 430724 (leave a message with your contact info and someone will call you back) or email [email protected]

Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Community Advice & Support Drop-In at Brown’s Field Community Centre, 31a Green End Road, Cambridge, CB4 IRU on Friday mornings (10am-12noon) for information and support on a range of issues including admin, will and funeral planning, benefits, housing, immigration, physical and mental health. Contact Jo Chisholm at Cambridge City Council for more information on 07704 019537.

How to contact

Where to go

All Saints Church
High Street
Cambridge CB24 8SA

Available Throughout South Cambridgeshire District

Share this page

Skip to content