Living with Autism Cambridgeshire

Back to Support

There are a variety of services and groups that offer support to those living with autism, or who are awaiting a formal diagnosis for autism.

Hear more about some of the services:

NHS CPFT Cambridgeshire Lifespan Autism Spectrum Service (CLASS) clinic

CPFT’s CLASS Clinic offers a specialist diagnostic assessment for adults who may have Autism Spectrum Disorder without intellectual disability or language delay. This service requires a referral from a GP or the Primary Care Mental Health Team. For more information, click here.

Cambridgeshire Employment Service by Richmond Fellowship

Their specialist employment service provides one-to-one support for people who have been off work due to mental health challenges and are keen to return to employment, voluntary work, education or relevant training. They also have a specialist worker who works to support neurodiverse individuals who may be living with autism or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). You can self refer by calling 01223 301032 or emailing cambs&[email protected]. For more information click here.

Couples’ relationship counselling from Relate

Relate provide counselling support for individuals, couples, families, children and young people. They also provide sex therapy. It doesn’t matter if you’re married, living together, single, gay, bisexual, straight or transgender – they’re here to help you. Relate Cambridgeshire understand how complex relationships are and how difficult it can be communicating with a partner. This can be especially difficult for people affected by autism who experience differences in social communication and interaction, which can impact their relationships with others. The counsellors who deliver this service have received additional awareness and skills training that enables them to work effectively with clients affected by autism. You can self refer to this service on their website or by calling 01302 347866 or emailing [email protected]. For more information click here.

Romsey Mill logo

Romsey Mill – Aspire

Aspire provides friendship, groups and activities for autistic children and young people. It is a programme run Romsey Mill, a local charity for families, children and young people. For more information click here.

Learn more about Autism and ASD with the RCE Wellbeing Hub

The RCE Wellbeing Hub is Part of CPFT NHS. It delivers free, fully co-produced courses to support health and wellbeing. These courses run online and from their hubs in Peterborough & Cambridge. They run several courses specifically to learn more about autism and to live well with autism. You can contact the RCE Wellbeing Hub by phone on 01733 963219 or emailing [email protected]. For more information click here.

Safe Soul Mate

Safe Soulmates is a safe community, bringing together adults with additional needs (learning disabilities, autism, anxiety and other things that have made socialising challenging) together, giving you a space to build trusting friendships, socialise in a positive space, find others that you can connect with, and embrace being yourself. You can contact Safe Soul Mates on 07935 866219 or 07493542963. For more information click here.

Papworth Trust

Papworth Trust Deliver a range of services for disabled people delivering support through housing care, employment and leisure. This includes supported housing, day services and care services. Find out more on their webpage.

Opportunity without limits (OWLs) day service– this service, run by Papworth Trust, exists to ensure that disabled people can acquire independent living skills, live healthy lives, and have reduced social isolation. Their service is delivered in five centres: Great Abington, Basildon, Cambridge, Huntingdon & Ipswich, with people being able to access sessions in the community as well as the centres. For more information visit their website, call 01480 357200 or email [email protected]


VoiceAbility Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is your local service that provides advocacy if you: have a disability; are over 65; have a mental health condition that severely impacts life; or are a carer of an eligible. VoiceAbility support people  to understand their rights and options, make decisions, and be heard when they face a challenge or issue. To speak to someone you can call 0300 3031660 or emailing [email protected]. for more information click here.

How to contact

Where to go

South Cambridgeshire District

Share this page

Skip to content