Relate Cambridgeshire – Relationship CounsellingBack to Support
Relate provides counselling support for individuals, couples, families, children and young people. It also provides sex therapy. It doesn't matter if you’re married, living together, single, gay, bisexual, straight or transgender - Relate can help you.
How to contact
Where to go
Available throughout South Cambridgeshire District
How to get started?
To register your interest in counselling with Relate by calling 01302 347866 or by sending an email.
Once registered, you will be offered an appointment with an experienced counsellor but this is not a counselling session. It is an opportunity for the counsellor to talk to you about your situation and collect some background information in order to assess whether Relate’s services will be helpful to you. This appointment lasts up to 50 minutes. If, at the end of the session, you and the counsellor agree ongoing counselling will be helpful, the next steps will be explained.
Relate offer the following service:
- Individual Counselling – short term counselling service for individuals meets a diverse range of emotional and psychological needs that can be addressed through one to one therapeutic support.
- Couples Counselling – counselling for you and your partner or for you on your own. You do not have to be married or civil partnered to this service. They aim to help if you are having difficulties and want to work them out, if you want to separate, or even if your relationship has ended.
- Family Counselling – is a service for anyone you define as your family. With you they would hope to find the strengths in your family life, as well as preferred ways of interacting which will build on those strengths.
- Children’s Counselling – support to children (5-12 years) and young people (13-18 years) who are adversely affected by traumatic life circumstances, including family change or breakdown, loss or bereavement, or other social or environmental difficulties with which they feel they require additional help. Find out more here.
- Sex Therapy – Psychosexual therapy can be useful for many couples who are experiencing sexual difficulties, providing they have a steady relationship and ideally attend the sessions together. You do not have to be married or civil partnered.
- Sexual Compulsive Behaviour Counselling – individual therapy for the treatment of Sex addiction and sexually compulsive behaviour.
- Relate for Parents Counselling – open to any parent who just needs a bit of help, advice and support, regardless of whether you are living with your children, are a single parent, a step-parent, are separating, or are a separated parent. The only criteria is that you are able to focus on the needs of your child and collaborate to improve your relationship with them.
- Autism Relationship Counselling – relationship support for couples where one or both may be affected by Autism
Visit their website for more information by clicking here.
Relate’s counselling services aren’t free, but the website has details of other sources of free counselling support.
Relate charges a fee for counselling sessions. However, subject to qualifying criteria, you may be eligible for a discounted rate. Full details are on their website, or ring and speak to a member of staff.