Visiting Support Service – South Cambs District CouncilBack to Support
If you are aged 65 or over, you can access the Visiting Support Service provided by South Cambridgeshire District Council to help you deal with a range of issues and concerns including health, finance, living independently and staying connected to your community.
How to contact
Where to go
South Cambs District
UK - Available Throughout
South Cambridgeshire District Council’s Visiting Support Service provides short-term support to help older people live well and independently at home.
The Visiting Support Service can work with you to tackle a range of issues.
- welfare benefit entitlements
- filling out application forms
- managing your tenancy
- setting up payment plans
- support to find solutions for personal care needs
- signposting agencies who can help you with cooking, shopping, laundry and gardening
- anxiety and depression
- memory problems
- medication help
- access to doctors and specialist medical care
Boredom and loneliness
- helping you be more active with walking, swimming or chair based exercises
- finding local groups, clubs, activities and day centres
- getting out and about
- learning a new skill
- local volunteering opportunities
Staying safe at home
- home security advice
- ensuring you have the right equipment at home to keep you safely mobile and independent
- worries about how others are treating you
- how to avoid being tricked or scammed.
What to expect?
You, a friend or family member can complete an online referral form or you can ask a professional to refer you (doctor, social care worker, mobile warden, community navigator and so on).
An adviser will be in touch over the telephone to talk to you about what you need and how urgently you need it. If you both agree that the Visiting Support Service will be helpful, a named Visiting Support Service representative will visit you at an agreed time to discuss any challenges you are facing and help you find solutions.
This service is free and confidential. All of the people you will talk to or meet are fully trained professionals employed by South Cambridgeshire District Council and are Disclosure & Barring Service checked.
If they visit you at home, they will always carry photo identification.
This service is free.