Youth Development – Romsey MillBack to Support
Romsey Mill's Youth Development Team work with disadvantaged young people (aged 10 - 21 years) across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
How to contact
Where to go
“I got into trouble with the police, mainly because I was bored. Romsey Mill boosted my confidence, helped me get qualifications. Now I’m being educated, getting qualifications, making friends and achieving.” Adam, a young person supported by the Youth Development Team.
Romsey Mill’s Youth Development Team offer group or one-to-one support and activities that will grow confidence and help overcome challenges.
Young people may be offered opportunities such as:
- youth clubs open to all and a safe space to socialise;
- creative arts and music studio sessions;
- sports projects;
- one-to-one support and mentoring;
- youth leadership programmes;
- activity breaks and residentials;
- and with the support of school, alternative education with courses on art, music, cooking, maths and English.
The Youth Development Team work in specific places throughout Peterborough and Cambridgeshire. If you or a young person you know is dealing with any of the following, get in touch with Romsey Mill to see what is available in your area:
- problems at home – including caring responsibilities;
- feeling lonely or socially isolated;
- struggling with anger, anxiety, low mood or feeling out of control;
- involvement with the criminal justice system or police;
- drug & alcohol abuse or other risky behaviour;
- not going to school or being excluded from school.
Romsey Mill Youth Workers work in schools or out and about in the community. In South Cambs, Romsey Mill collaborate with SSYI, The Beacon Trust, Northstowe Youth Hive and Cambourne Youth Partnership.
To find out if Romsey Mill offer Youth Development support and opportunities near you, you can email the team or call Romsey Mill during normal office hours on 01223 213162.
This service is free – grants and donations to support activities are always welcome.