Exercise4FunBack to Activities
Exercise4Fun is a FREE 12-week active lifestyle programme taking place in Sawston, Melbourn and Linton Sports and Leisure Centres. If you are currently inactive or would like to get to a healthier weight, then this programme might be just what you need.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- physical exercise can make you stronger, healthier and happier;
- support from a qualified instructor will ensure you get the most out of any exercise you do;
- if you haven’t ever been to a gym or sports centre, this scheme will give you the confidence to use these facilities.
How to contact
Where to go
Cambourne Fitness and Sports Centre
Anglian Leisure Linton
Linton Community Sports Centre
Melbourn Sports Centre
Anglian Leisure Sawston
Sawston Sports Centre
What to expect
As part of a group of up to 12 people, each 12-week programme will give you an introduction to a range of activities, including:
• wellbeing walks;
• New Age Kurling;
Activities will be chosen by the group in consultation with the instructor(s).
It doesn’t matter whether you have done these activities before or not – you’ll be supported and encouraged as you try things out.
The programme will also include fitness tests and progress data collection at weeks 1, 6 and 12.
Following completion of session one, you will be awarded a 90-day free pass to all sports centre facilities and classes to support your progress. At the end of the 12-week programme, you may be offered a further 90-day pass depending on certain targets being met and attending 9 out of 12 of the sessions.
This programme is for:
- adults (18+) with a BMI over 25 (ethnic minority groups 23.5+) and who are considered inactive;
- a family (1 child of 11-16, with accompanying parent/guardian) concerned about their weight or inactivity – only available in Anglia Leisure Sawston;
- adults (18+) living with a disability who are concerned about their weight or inactivity – only available in Anglia Leisure Sawston.
You must also be a resident from within the South Cambridgeshire District Council area and doing less than 30 minutes of physical activity each week. You can only take part in the Exercise4Fun programme once.
To sign up, contact the leisure centre you’d like to attend (see links below) or complete this online form
Please check the South Cambs District Council website for further information.
This programme is free (subject to terms and conditions), made possible with funding from South Cambridgeshire District Council.