Child & Family CentresBack to Activities
Child and Family Centres & Zones in South Cambridgeshire offer groups, events, activities, courses and support for families with children aged 0-19.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- meeting other parents and carers is reassuring;
- groups and activities like ‘Stay and Play’ are excellent ways to support your child’s development and learning;
- if you need support with any aspect of family life or parenting, you can talk to a professional who can either offer advice or signpost other services.
How to contact
Where to go
Cambourne Child and Family Centre Sackville Way Cambourne Cambridge CB23 6HL
Melbourn Child & Family Zone Melbourn Community Hub High Street Melbourn Royston SG8 6DB UK
Northstowe Child & Family Zone
1 The Green Pathfinder Way Northstowe Cambridge CB24 1DD
Sawston Child & Family Zone Sawston Community Hub New Road Sawston Cambridge CB22 3BP
Waterbeach Child and Family Zone (inside the primary school)
High Street Waterbeach Cambridge CB25 9JU
What to expect
Throughout South Cambridgeshire is a network of Child and Family Centres and Zones that provide activities, groups, events and support for families and people who look after children including:
- Support groups run by family workers.
- Information and advice about education and childcare.
- Employment, training and benefits advice.
- Drop-in play sessions.
- Child development and special needs advice.
- Parenting courses.
- A meeting place for parents, carers and childminders.
- Parent led sessions and groups.
- Dads’ groups.
- Health services such as midwife appointments and health visitor clinics.
Groups, activities, classes and courses need to be booked in advance. Email or phone ahead using the contact information provided.
More information about regular groups and activities can be found here:
For other news and activities, visit the South Cambridgeshire Child & Family Facebook page.
Some activities & groups have a small charge per family per session. You can pay in cash on the day of the activity.
Families on a low income will be eligible for free entry.
All other support, information and advice is free.